Duration: Full Time
Job Assignment Date: October 12, 2020
Job ID: 22510106
Category: CRNA Jobs | Nurse Anesthetist Jobs
Company: Phoebe Putney Health System
Contact: Sarah Strong Call: 229-921-0171
Practice Type: Hospital
Job Updated: 10/12/20
CRNA or Anesthesiology Assistant (PA-A) - 22510106
Under the medical direction of an Anesthesiologist and according to established procedures, professional standards and professional judgement, the CRNA or PA-A administers intravenous, inhalation and other anesthetics during surgical procedures, deliveries and other medical procedures. Insures pre-anesthesia evaluation; selects, assembles and tests equipment for assigned cases and monitors patient condition during administration. The Anesthetist's skills will be utilized in all areas of the Anesthesia Department. A willingness to commit to and comply with established quality and service standards of the hospital and the department that generates excellence for our patients. Provides direct patient care to all ages. All activities will be performed in support of the strategy, vision, and values of Phoebe. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. All activities must be in compliance with Equal Employment Opportunity laws, HIPAA, ERISA, and other regulations, as appropriate.
- Performs all job responsibilities in alignment with the core values, mission and vision of the organization
- Performs other duties as required and completes all job functions as per departmental policies and procedures
- Maintains current knowledge in present areas of responsibility ([link removed], self education, attends ongoing educational programs)
- Attends staff meetings and completes mandatory in-services and requirements and competency evaluations on time.
- Demonstrates competency at all levels in providing care to all patients based on age, sex, weight, and demonstrated needs. For non-clinical areas, has attended training and demonstrates usage of age- specific customer service skills.
- Wears protective clothing and equipment as appropriate.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Georgia Driver's License .
- Adheres to the hospital and departmental attendance and punctuality guidelines
- Required Certifications/Licensures : Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Basic Life Support (BLS), Licensed & Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists (CRNA) or Licensed Anesthesia Assistant (PA-A).