Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist - 22909275
The Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) in an advanced practice registered nurse (APRN) who practices both autonomously and in collaboration with a variety of health providers on the interprofessional team to deliver high-quality, holistic, evidence-based anesthesia and pain care services. The CRNA cares for patients at all acuity levels across the lifespan in a variety of settings for procedures including, but not limited to, surgical, obstetrical, diagnostic, therapeutic, and pain management.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES/LICENSE OR CERTIFICATION REQUIRED
- Holds current active state licensure as a registered nurse in the state of Georgia and complies with any applicable state statutory and regulatory requirements concerning CRNAs.
- Graduate of a nurse anesthesia educational program accredited by the Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs or its predecessor.
- Is currently certified or recertified by the National Board of Certification and Recertification for Nurse Anesthetists.
- Insurable by an appropriate medical malpractice insurer for the limits required by this institution or state.
- Demonstrates current competency in the clinical responsibilities.
- Ability to perform clinically as a nurse anesthetist in the facility setting on a regular basis.
- Ability to operate, use, and interpret data from a wide variety of equipment to perform anesthesia care as well as necessary perioperative or operating room care to support the safety and wellbeing of the patient while they are under the direct care of the CRNA.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills are required to effectively collaborate with various clinical staff and other disciplines.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the patient population(s) served.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and ability to assess data reflective of the patient’s requirements relative to his or her population-specific and age specific needs.
- Knowledge of infection prevention and control techniques.
- Ability to maintain confidential records.
- Ability to implement and adhere to facility policies and procedures.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES/LICENSE OR CERTIFICATION PREFERRED
- One (1) year experience
License/Certification Requirements: Yes
Work Hours: Varies
Weekend Requirements: Yes
On-Call Requirements: Yes